Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Helmet Liner

Finished the helmet liner a couple of nights ago.  It turned out ok, but when it was off needles and all the ends woven in, I realized I forgot to do the decreases on each side of the mouth opening.  Fits ok, so not to worry.  

A lot going on this weekend and a lot to think about/process from the last couple of days.  Funny how it is so easy for some people to point fingers, never realizing that when they do, there are three fingers pointing back at them.  I am done allowing certain topics to rent space in my head, it has taken close to a year to fully arrive at this steps all the way.  The circumstances and instigators are simply NOT worth it.  This has been  a long process and a painful one, but very necessary for achieving the life that we desire.  The downside to this is that I have had to learn the lesson of just letting go and allowing those that are really the ones to be responsible take on the burden of said responsibility.  I know in my heart how it will turn out, but my protectors are in place.  Over the course of the last year, have come to realize that to not allow others to learn the  lessons of responsibility or results of inaction/ineffective action hurts only me.  Poke me with a fork...I'M DONE. NMP!

Went for a nice run this morning...nice, mainly because of low humidity/temperature and NO JACK.  There were two different deer in completely different locations along my course simply standing and staring.  Kinda creepy.  As I approached the backside of the lake, started smelling something slightly unpleasant.  Came around a curve and discovered the source.  A mailbox was covered with a blooming vine of some sort.  Don't know what it was, but it was clearly intentionally planted.  The blooms were pretty and the vines were a gorgeous vibrant green, smelled like a Port-A-Potty. 

The rest of the day today will be spent working on some projects for the house.  I have two sets of iron brackets that belonged to my mother.  After my run, I located a board from the stockpile in the garage, cut it to the size desired for two shelves, sanded, and have the first coats of stain on them.  One will go upstairs in the boy's bathroom with some antique hooks affixed to them for towels, and the other will go in my laundry room.  Did a quick "soft sand" of my dining room table (it is the dining set that belonged to my Grandmother...I love that thing and the sideboard that matches it) and applied a coat of wax.  It is presently drying and awaiting a loving buffing.  Laundry is going and time to start the weekend cleaning.  We have been having major sleeping porch withdrawl, but it has been way too humid to sleep out there, even with the fan on.  Now, with the weather shift, I am ready to return to my outdoor master bedroom oasis...but not before changing the sheets to avoid any sneaky little spiders.

Hopefully, knitting and/or sewing later unless it is determined to be too "OCD" of an activitiy. 

FYI...Amos is asleep on some knitting magazines on the desk in front of me...snoring nearly as loudly as my DH

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...