Sunday, January 16, 2011

A not so perfect ending...

Another satisfyingly productive day.  We slept in (as late as Jack would let us before his whining to be let out became unbearable).  Nice slow start complete with a big breakfast.  

Made some homemade granola that is going to be a problem for me.  Kept snitching a spoonful here and a spoonful there...

The rest of the day, Wes kept working on trim.  He is now working on door frames upstairs.  He got quite a workout and lost count of how many times he went up and down the staircase working on getting just the right angles.  Yeah, it would have been easier to bring the compound saw upstairs but holy smokes that would have been a LOT of sawdust everywhere.  It seems as if I am still cleaning up sawdust and drywall dust from the build.  

While he was measuring and cutting, I worked on caulking the baseboards and door/window/laundry chute frame in my craft cave.  All done and ready to start painting the door, window, and chute trim.  

At Christmas, I had ordered some cinch sacks for the kids in local Group Homes and had their names embroidered on them.  We had a slight misspelling problem with one of them (got it replaced in time), so I had one with a boo boo.  What to do?

How about buttons?

Bella thinks it is a fab idea!

Are you talking about me?!?!?!?


During the process of sorting through all things crafty, I rediscovered some fabric that has just been sitting around for several years.  There is some lovely red satin that has tone on tone hearts all over it.  It is destined to become a nightgown for me.  Now, what do you do with a sheer type fabric with "metallic foil" hearts on it?  How about a tablecloth overlay? Can I be done with Valentine's decorating now?  Kinda looks like Cupid threw up all over my table!

Spent a little more time this evening doing some prep sewing on the last 4 teacup/saucer travel totes that are being made for a couple of friends.

Just when I thought it was time for some couch time...

Snuggled in and had been knitting away.  Chris left to go spend the night with a friend.  About 10 minutes later, he was calling.  Figured he had forgotten something.  Nope.  They had decided to go the "short" way around to the back side of the lake to cut through to the highway.  Reportedly there was ice involved.  They wound up in a ditch perpendicular to the road.  Front in rather crushed, not drivable.  Both boys are fine, but a little shaken up.  

Hot chocolate...well, that makes a lot of things a little better at least.


  1. Oh goodness, I hope Chris and friend are okay!

    Bella is gorgeous btw, you've really managed to capture her pretty face there. Nice photo :-)

  2. I'm glad the boys were okay. Accidents like that are scary!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...